https://www.mixcloud.com/DandelionRadio

Saturday, September 5, 2026

The Ale Trail: Cork n Cask (Bromley)


What a find this was. There I was, stumbling back to my hotel after watching my beloved Manchester United Women dismantled by London City Lionesses and, seeking liquid solace, I happen upon this place, a great micropub on Masons Hill.


Like some other micropubs (Stratford-Upon-Avon's excellent Stratford Alehouse is another). the ale is dispensed directly from casks behind the bar rather than out of hand-pulls. Duly tempted, I had a couple of pints of Westerham's British Bulldog, a rich, satisfying 4/1% ABV ale that made me forget my troubles until I woke up this morning and remembered them all again.

The pub offers four changing ales and was known as the Bitter End before reopening in 2023 in its current form. Aside from the quality of ale, it was great to have some comfortable seating at the back end of the bar on which to rest my aching bones. 

There's a good chance football will take me back into the area again so I'll definitely be calling in, hopefully on the back of a better result next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yang Boi - Kief Marroquino EP (DSRPTV)

Another storming release from this Brazilian label, who've been so productive during 2026. Yang Boi's merging of urban Brazilian and...