https://www.mixcloud.com/DandelionRadio

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Drift - Violence For Your Furs (God Unknown)


The God Unknown label has put out so many good releases in recent years I made room in my shows whenever I get wind of a new one. This mini-album from Drift, which is out tomorrow, is certainly no exception. I now find that this London-based four piece have been active for over ten years and am once again in that wonderful position of being able to check out the back catalogue of a truly outstanding band of whom I was previously unaware. It's not the first time God Unknown have provided me with this opportunity and I fully expect it won't be the last.

Their Rough Rider track features in my Dandelion Radio show this month: it's a thrilling cacophony based around a wonky synth riff that vocalist Nathalia Bruno overlays with the kind of understated delivery which adds to the mood rather than wrecking it with the kind of performative singing that destroys too many promising intros. If I still went in for those music polls that were such a feature of my youth, Nathalia would be on a shortlist for 'favourite female vocalist', no question, but that's certainly not to undervalue what the rest of the band do, producing the kind of motorik chug I'll be in my cold, cold grave before I ever tire of.

Get the album here and join me in checking out the rest of the band's releases after you've done it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yang Boi - Kief Marroquino EP (DSRPTV)

Another storming release from this Brazilian label, who've been so productive during 2026. Yang Boi's merging of urban Brazilian and...