Daniel Jumpertz's run of recent singles has been so impressive I reserve a provisional slot in my shows every time I hear of a forthcoming release. It's therefore not surprising that his latest release is (a) utterly great and (b) features in both of my shows this month. You can hear City Frames Our Broken Dreams Again in my Dandelion Radio show - available on-demand here - and the instrumental Shadows in my FSK show here.
Jumpertz is the owner of the excellent Feral Media label, based in Melbourne and responsible for releases in recent years by the likes of Brad Stafford, Clairaudience and The Artificial Limb, all of which are worth checking out at the label's bandcamp. Dig back further and you'll find the likes of Plankton, Underlapper and Comatone, all of whom are worth your attention. In fact, it's worth setting a side a day just to look through their back catalogue: what's in there is always interesting and at times breathtaking.
But it's Daniel's own releases that have provided many of the recent highlights. This single follows last's autumn's Everything Is Lost and spring's I Would Never Do That To You, both of which were great favourites. I'm going to stick my neck out and say this is the best of the three, though. City Frames in particular is magnificent, cinematic in scope with a driving riff that feels like you're being propelled through those city streets and its panorama of images that are somehow both familiar and bewildering.
Get the single here.
No comments:
Post a Comment